Tuesday, October 23, 2007

FUCK the Rockies!!!!!

I was all set to root for the home team and my second favorite team, the Colorado Rockies, even though they are playing my favorite team, the Boston Red Sox, in the World Series. I have been a Boston fan for 24 years and a Rockies fan for 10. I was ecstatic when both teams made the World Series.

All I needed now was a World Series ticket. For the past two days I have been trying to access the shit-ass ticket broker the Rockies chose to use, some lame-ass company based in California. My wife and I were both trying to access the site in order to buy 2 tickets to game 3. If the site had stayed up and we just had not been able to get in then it wouldn't bother me, but no, the dumb-ass Rockies had to open up the online ticket buying to everyone in the fucking world. The server gets bombarded on Monday and crashes, or does it? The Rockies claim to have been attacked......FUCKING DUH! They were attacked by 9Million rabid fans seeking World Series tickets. What did they think was going to happen, everybody was going to get a ticket and be merry? Monday ticket sales were stopped by the team after about 500 (mostly Bostonians) out of 60,000 were sold.

Tuesday begins the next quest for World Series bliss. The wife gets in to purchase tickets THREE times and the site locks up just long enough for the counter that holds your tickets to expire. "GET THE FUCK OUT" say the Rockies. "We didn't want your kind (a true fan) at the game anyway". So we keep trying even though our faces are red from being slapped by the Rockies repeatedly for two days. Eventually we hear they are selling 1500 tickets a minute and then all the games are sold out. What a bunch of shit.

So now due to the ineptitude of the front office of the Colorado Rockies I will be rooting for my favorite team. I am also considering NOT purchasing season tickets. This team apparently only cares about the bottom line. Now I know it is a business and making a profit is important in keeping the business around, but dammit fans are the reason the business stays in town. Without the support of fans, professional sports teams would be non-existent and once again the Monforts have let it be known that the fans don't matter.

I say everybody from Colorado boycott the World Series. Let all the Bostonians fly out here and cheer for my beloved Red Sox at Coors field and when Boston clinches their second World Series title in 4 years the Monforts can look around at the sea of red and wonder what happened. Where did the all the Rockies fans go? We went to the sports bars and the family room to watch the World Series with true friends and family.....because since we live in Colorado we couldn't get tickets.

No comments: