Thursday, March 27, 2008

Second Hand Roids Bracket

Lets see if I can pick the winners of all the games from the Sweet Sixteen to the finals and win $1M from Yahoo!

SWEET SIXTEEN

North Carolina v Washington St--UNC will roll here. I don't think they will top the 100 point mark against this stingy defense, but I also don't think Washington State can hang with the boys from North Carolina. My pick--UNC.

Tennessee v Louisville--Louisville will win in a close one. Louisville is just playing too good right now. I think they will give anybody a run for their money at this point. My pick--Louisville.

Kansas v Villanova--'Nova's run will end here. KU is a very balanced team that is playing very well right now. My pick--KU.

Wisconsin v Davidson--I think this will be a real close game. Stephen Curry will once again prove to be too much for his opponent. Davidson will win this one in either OT or towards the end of regulation. My pick--Davidson.

Memphis v Michigan State--Memphis will shoot over 50 free throws and only make about 25-30 of them. Memphis will be the first 1-seed to falter and go home. My pick--Michigan State.

Texas v Stanford--Stanford and it's twin towers, the Lopez brothers, will hold off a very good Texas team. Once again Brook Lopez hits the winning shot from the baseline. My pick--Stanford.

UCLA v Western Kentucky--UCLA will roll the Hilltoppers back to Kentucky. This one shouldn't even be close. My pick--UCLA.

Xavier v West Virginia--This will be the best game of the Sweet Sixteen. Both teams are playing extremely well. Joe Alexander will have a great game, but Xavier will pull it out in the end. My pick--Xavier.

ELITE EIGHT

North Carolina v Louisville--I think Louisville has actually been playing better as a team this tournament. Rick Pitino will lead yet another team to the Final Four. This will be the game of the Elite Eight. My pick--Louisville.

Kansas v Davidson--Stephen Curry will go off, but the Wildcats will not be able to stop Kansas. Kansas will win this game before the second half is half over. My pick--Kansas.

Stanford v Michigan State--Stanford shoots free throws better than Memphis and Michigan State will foul a lot, as is their style, and Stanford will use those free throws to advance into the Final Four. My pick--Stanford.

UCLA v Xavier--UCLA has not looked very good since the first round. Xavier will outlast the Bruins and advance to the Final Four. My pick--Xavier.

FINAL FOUR

Kansas v Louisville--Kansas will prevail here in an OT battle. Look for a last second winner from Chalmers. My pick--Kansas.

Stanford v Xavier--Stanford's twin towers will keep Xavier in check and Stanford will advance to the Finals in another squeaker. My pick--Stanford.

FINALS

Kansas v Stanford--Kansas' outside shooting will be too much for Stanford. The Lopez brothers will keep Stanford in this game to the end, but KU will prevail. My pick--Kansas.

Well, there you have it. My revised NCAA tournament picks. Hopefully I will do better than my first two rounds.

No comments: